Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Day 28 of 30 Day Praise Challenge

 Day 28

“Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” – Gal.1:10

The Invitation

“My child, come & praise Me for the freedom that is yours in Me. I have called you to live without the burden of keeping others happy. Don’t worry so much about what others think. If you let their expectations drive you, you will live in bondage to them. Their opinions become like chains, keeping you from experiencing My love. The way to break free from bondage is to worship Me alone. My child, I bought your freedom with My blood. Live to please Me alone. I came to give you life, abundant & free. Only as you praise Me will I give you a single focus & the ability to hear My voice above the cacophony of other voices in your life.” (Pr.29:25; Eph.5:8-10; 1Thes.5:18; Jn.10:10; Jer.32:39)

As you enter the presence of the Lord today, lay aside the expectations of other people. Focus your praise on the freedom you have in Christ. Thank God that His expectations for you are simple & uncomplicated. As you spend time praising Him, the shackles of worrying about others’ opinions will fall off.

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, & do not let yourselves be burdened again by the yoke of slavery.” (Gal. 5:1)

Listen

Listen to InChrist Alone” performed by Travis Cottrell & “Exalted Alone” by Shannon Wexelberg.

Pray

Lord Jesus, I am so thankful that You are at work in my life & that You will continue to be so until I reach Heaven. As I yield to Your power, You are able to set me free from old patterns of people pleasing. Thank You that You are able to set my heart at rest & untangle the knots in my stomach when I can’t keep everyone happy. I praise You that even when others are disappointed in me, You are still completely pleased with me. I can feel secure in Your acceptance. When I let others down, it gives You the opportunity to work in their lives for Your glory. Thank You for the Holy Spirit who lives inside me & who can alert me when I am falling into old patterns that will once again place me in bondage to others. I praise You that You will help me discern what is best for my life as I learn to live my life for Your applause alone. (Phil.1:6; 2Tim.1:14; Phil.1:9-11)

Journal

Think of a time when you’ve disappointed others. How did God use that in their lives & in yours? How might praising God heal your need to keep everyone happy?

 

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith