Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Letter to a dear friend like you!

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your message. We are hoping the best for you. Moving is like dying. It's the ending of one life and the beginning of another, but normally it helps us to grow as we broaden our horizons and move out of our comfort zone to face new challenges and in the end find new strengths. The Bible tells us to "look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith." In moments like these as we open our lives to Him, we can rest in His arms knowing that He is in control and He will lead and guide us down the path He wants us to follow.

I had wanted to talk to you more deeply about this point at the meeting I attended with you, but was unable at the time. In my own personal life, it wasn't until I asked Jesus into my heart that I found that everlasting peace that I was looking for. I was a young university graduate facing the prospect of the Vietnam War and desperately seeking for answers to the many questions I had about life. The FBI was looking for me as I had not attended the required pre-military examinations and later induction. It often takes desperate situations that cause us to call out to God for His help. I had been reluctant to do that because I thought God was something to do with the religious system which I wanted nothing to do with. I thought believing in God would be taking a step backwards as I had been freed from the crutches of religiosity through my college education.

But when my mother called me on the phone telling me the FBI was looking to arrest me, I prayed crying out with tears that if there was a God could He please help me. When I got up off my knees, I thought, "that was stupid, there is no God, what's happening to me?" I had seen the falseness of religion and had seen what so-called religious people do. America was the epitome of religious hypocrisy with its wars and selfishness and greed. You see, I was having a hard time differentiating the religious system from God Himself. The Bible says God is love and that God is a spirit. So God is that loving invisible spiritual being who created and made the universe contrary to the Theory of Evolution.

It was a few weeks later that I met two your people who were hitch-hiking that led me in a little prayer. "Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me for the things that I had done wrong. Give me the gift of eternal life. In Jesus' name I pray." I didn't hear the thunderclap or see stars or hear music of feel ecstasy. But I knew I had found what I was looking for. I also prayed to receive the Holy Spirit. My new friends explained to me that the Holy Spirit was a gift God had given to help lead and guide and strengthen His people. If I wanted to follow God then asking for the Holy Spirit would help me. And so I did. I prayed for an infilling of the Holy Spirit and that God would lead me into all truth.

These young people were travelling to a three month discipleship course, and so I decided to drive them to there destination. Tuition was free but all needed to participate in the running of the school. I was allocated a job in the school's cafeteria as breakfast overseer/ dishes overseer organizing the dish and kitchen clean-up crews for each meal of around 200 students plus staff. I dug into the Bible and eagerly attended all classes. I was especially interested in Bible prophecy and the classes on Daniel chapter 2 and Matthew chapter 24 which talked about the "last days." Hadn't I felt that the world was headed for its "last days?" I fell in love with Jesus and His word and spent all my free-time reading the New Testament, even memorizing important passages, or passages that spoke to me or gave me strength.

After the three month course, I received my certificate for the Ministry of Evangelization and was offered a position in a new youth center. I decided to dedicate my life to God and to helping others. Most importantly I decided to dedicate my life to sharing my God experience with others that they too might come in contact with the One who created all things, Jesus.

That's why I am sharing this e-mail with you, Dear Friend, in hope that you too will say that little prayer, if you haven't already, to let Jesus into your heart and life, that you will ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you into all truth, that you will begin to have a personal relationship with Him by starting to read His words many of which are found in the New Testament. The famous social critic and writer Charles Dickens said that the New Testament was the best book that ever will be written. If you haven't read it recently, please pick up a copy and read it. Pay close attention to the words of Jesus. His word is food for your soul. He loves you and wants to be your closest friend and companion. He will never leave you nor forsake you and will help you through every difficult moment that you will experience in this life on into the next. It's just that simple and He’s just that wonderful. If you are interested in more reading material outside the New Testament, let me know. Praying that your new experience will be rewarding and will bring you to the place He wants you to be.

Much love,  Dennis

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith