Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Famous Christians and the last words they said on their deathbed.


Doctor, I wish you to observe how real and beneficial the religion of Christ is to a man about to die... .I am, however, much consoled by reflecting that the religion of Christ has, from its first appearance in the world, been attacked in vain by all the wits, philosophers, and wise ones, aided by every power of man, and its triumphs have been complete. - Patrick Henry

See in what peace a Christian can die.
~~ Joseph Addison

D. L. Moody: “I see earth receding; heaven is opening. God is calling me.”

Alexander Hamilton: “I have a tender reliance on the mercy of the Almighty,
through the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a sinner. I look to Him for mercy.”

Martin Luther: “Into Thy hands I commend my spirit! Thou hast redeemed me, O God of truth.”

Daniel Webster (just before his death):
“The great mystery is Jesus Christ—the gospel.
What would the condition of any of us
be if we had not the hope of immortality? . . . Thank God,
the gospel of Jesus Christ brought life and immortality to light.”
His last words were: “I still live.”

David Livingstone: “Build me a hut to die in. I am going home.”

Charles Dickens: “I commit my soul to the mercy of God, through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
and I exhort my dear children humbly to try and guide themselves by the teaching of the New Testament.”

Andrew Jackson: “My dear children, do not grieve for me . . . I am my God’s. I belong to Him.
I go but a short time before you, and ...I hope and trust to meet you all in heaven.”

Isaac Watts (hymn-writer): “It is a great mercy that I have no manner of fear or dread of death.
I could, if God please, lay my head back and die without terror this afternoon.”

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith