Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Daniel Webster

Daniel Webster (1782-1852), who was Secretary of State for three US Presidents, said the following: 

"If there is anything in my thoughts or style to commend, the credit must go to my parents who instilled in me an early love for the Scriptures. If we abide by the principles in the Bible this country will go on prospering and to prosper, but if we or our posterity neglect its instruction and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity."

Dennis Edwards: I am posting this near to Easter, 2017. Christ's resurrection is the foundation of the Christian faith, a faith meant to transmit hope and love to the weary world. But, why am I not rejoicing in Christ? Why is my heart sad and forlorn? Am I looking at the waves? Am I looking at the condition of my vessel rather than looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of my faith?

Here's the answer He gave me. "Though the clouds may obstruct the view of the heavens, way above the clouds, the up-look is beautiful. God's love is shining down. God is still saying, "Don't worry. Everything is ultimately under my control. I will bring good out of evil. Evil will not ultimately triumph. My words will be fulfilled. Christ will indeed return to catch His bride away. Satan shall be cast into a bottomless pit for a thousand years. And finally there will come a New Heaven and New Earth, where time shall be no more, neither shall there be any more pain, nor sorrow. And the former things shall be wiped away and I will make all things new."

"So fret not for these things taking place in the world. But keep your face and heart and soul looking unto Me, the author and finisher of your faith. Be not weary in well doing, but rejoice as you see that Great day approaching. I will take care of my own. Though at times you may feel forlorn and forsaken, rejoice that ye are counted worthy to suffer shame for My name. Remember those who refused to compromise that they might receive a better resurrection. This is your hope, also. 'Therefore, be steadfast and unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as you know your labor is not in vain in the Lord.'"[I Corinthians 15:58]

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith