Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Bible: a book of Prophecy

Chapter 2 from Where is America in Bible Prophecy? by Dennis Edwards

I was listening to a lecture by Bill Salus entitled The Future of America in Bible Prophecy.[1] Bill is a famous American author, radio host and lecturer on Bible prophecy. He starts off his lecture by quoting Isaiah,

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.[2]

Can we know the future? God’s Word says that we can, because God can reveal it. The prophet Amos said,

Surely the Lord God will do nothing but he reveals his secret to his servants the prophets.[3]

Here, Amos is making a conditional statement. God is going to reveal His secrets, not unto everyone, but unto His servants the prophets. The prophets were chosen of God, because of their love and obedience to Him. They were tested by God and had proved their faithfulness to Him. They desired to serve God, rather than man. They chose God over material things, over comfort and conformity. They preferred to live and die for the truth, than to live a life of compromise. Therefore, because of their dedication to God, to truth, to righteousness, God revealed His secrets to them.

The prophet’s job was to give the Word of God to the people, to follow God’s instructions in spite of opposition by family, friends or community. Many of them bemoaned their fate as God’s mouth-pieces, because they were ill received. In Chronicles we read,

And the Lord God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place: But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, until there was no remedy.[4]

In this book, I am going to reveal to you what God has revealed to me, one of his servants. I am going to talk about where I believe America fits in Bible prophecy. It will be an interesting study. I hope you will enjoy it. But first I must share a little about who I am and what qualifies me as one of God’s servants. In these first chapters of the book I will share my story and I will let you judge from there. May God bless us as we study His Word together.

Notes:

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKOKqCk5vuo (accessed 03/16)
[2] Isaiah 48:9-10
[3] Amos 3:7
[4] 2 Chronicles 36:15-16

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith