Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Saeed Abedini: 10 Prisoners Came to Christ in First Year of Imprisonment

By Kevin Porter, Christian Post, February 27, 2016:

During his imprisonment and torture in an Iranian jail, Pastor Saeed Abedini continued to evangelize, helping to convert 10 inmates from Islam to Christianity during his first year in captivity, he said.

“Ten of the prisoners turned to Christ the first year, so the prison found out, the intelligent police found out, and they moved me to another prison where the situation was worse,” Abedini told CBN Thursday.

By relocating Abedini, his captors were unknowingly helping to spread the seeds of the Gospel. “Every time they changed my prison, it was a good time to evangelize,” said the pastor.

Prior to his tenth arrest in Iran in 2012, which resulted in his 3-year imprisonment, Abedeni sensed that trouble was looming. “I felt in my spirit that some threat was coming.”

Abedini, and those he helped to convert in prison, suffered for his evangelism. “Every people [sic] who became Christian with me, they start torturing them, separate me from them and the last two years they make me completely isolated,” he said.

At times, Abedini’s captors made it seem as though his execution was imminent, but in his heart he knew differently. “You know the first six months they always threaten me to death and they said, ‘For sure you’re going to be executed for what you did–you made 1,000 Muslim Christians’ … But every time that I prayed, [the] Holy Spirit put in my heart, ‘No, still I have some work to do for you.’”

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith