Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Monday, October 24, 2022

Casting Your Cares Upon Him

https://soundcloud.com/user-730585674/casting-your-cares?ref=whatsapp&p=i&c=0&si=F82CA3D08E31448EA030453FE5FC6259&utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=message&utm_campaign=social_sharing 


Melvin Vallomparambil

Today we are going to talk about casting your cares upon Jesus for He cares for you. Let's talk about cares of this world. Now why would someone want to take their life? Because they have accumilated the cares of this world to a degree where they lose hope. But Jesus said to avoid that. He said, "My yoke is easy and My burden is light." When you are carrying a burden so heavy, is it the burden God wants you to carry? No. When the burden is too heavy for you to bear it is not God's burden. You took on the burden or you allowed  someone else to put that burden upon you. It's a simple thing. You take on the burden of the world, but it's not the burden of Christ, which is light. You see all that is the flesh, it's of the world. You go and start taking those things upon you. You are going to put on the burden of the world. If these cares are not cast unto the the Lord and you are carrying it all day long, all week long, all month long, then you are going to have a heavy, heavy burden. You become a slave to that particular burden. 

But people say, "You don't understand, my wife left me, or my husband left me. You don't understand.I feel like I could die. It's so heavy on me." That's because you not casting it on Jesus and those burdens can grow. When the Devil sees that you are not casting your cares upon Jesus and you are carrying them yourself, he will bring on more and more upon you. He knows you are going to try to carry it in your own strength. God's strength is given to us, but if we prefer to labour under the burden of the world, then there is nothing God can do, because we are choosing not to cast our burdens upon Jesus. 

Let's look at Psalm 55:22. "Cast thy burden on the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Cast thy burden upon whom? Upon the Lord. But what do people do? They cast the burden upon themselves. But it says, "Cast thy burden upon the Lord and He shall sustain you." Who is sustaining you? Jesus. Do you see that? The word sustain means something who is consistently keeping you up, like a pulley. But we need to cast our burden upon Him. The word cast means you are throwing it at Him. You are casting it immediately at Him and are not taking it back. You are not accumilating it. 

You might say, "Lord, I'm really go through this. It is really hard for me. Lord, please, help me." That is not casting your cares upon God. Casting your cares upon God is not a prayer. Casting your cares upon Jesus is a constant effort by you that says, "This burden is not mine. My burden is light. I'm going to cast this problem as it comes up, I'm going to cast it upon Jesus. I'm going to allow Jesus to take care of it. He is going to sustain me. I am going to cast it upon Him." But the devil will try to bring it back. But you need to respond, "No, I cast it upon Jesus and He is going to sustain me." By doing this, you are standing on the word and are saying, "It is written." Like Jesus told the Devil. "It is written." You are talking to the burden and saying, "No. I cast it upon Jesus." It's not a prayer. It's a command.

People think, I prayed, "Jesus take care of this burden," but in their mind they are still going back to the burden. There still talking about the burden to everybody else. They are still thinking about the burden. Their mind is occupied with the burden. The burden is producing worry, fear, anxiety, depression in their life. Because they are focusing on the burden. What we focus on becomes reality. But if you focus on the fact of Psalm 55:22 and say, "I cast my burden upon Jesus, He is sustaining me." Now you are focusing on Jesus. The burden is not your's, it's Jesus'. 

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith