Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Perfect Love of Jesus

By David Brandt Berg

Download Audio (12.1MB)

One sat alone beside the highway begging,
His eyes were blind, the light he could not see.
He clutched his rags and shivered in the shadows,
Then Jesus came and bade his darkness flee!

When Jesus comes, the tempter’s power is broken;
When Jesus comes, tears are wiped away!
He takes that gloom and fills the heart with glory,
For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay!

“Unclean! Unclean!” the leper cried in torment,
The deaf, the dumb, in helplessness stood near;
The fever raged, disease had gripped its victim,
But Jesus came and cast out every fear!

When Jesus comes, the tempter’s power is broken!
When Jesus comes, those tears are wiped away.
He takes our gloom and fills our lives with glory,
For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay!

So we today have found our Savior able,
We could not conquer passion, pride, nor sin!
Our broken hearts had left us sad and lonely,
Till Jesus came and dwelt Himself within.

When Jesus comes, the tempter’s power is broken;
When Jesus comes, your tears are wiped away!
He takes your gloom and fills your life with glory,
When Jesus comes, He’ll fill your life to stay!1

*

Have you ever tried to bear your burdens,
All alone? All alone?
Don’t you know there’s one who waits to help you,
Who can make all those burdens His own?

When I have burdens to bear which no one can share,
I take them to Jesus, the Man of Calvary.
When I have crosses to bear, my Savior is there,
He always takes that heavy end,
And leaves the light to me!2

Do you like that little song about “All Alone”?

*

When your heart is aching, turn to Jesus,
He’s the dearest Friend that you can know;
You will find Him standing close beside you,
Waiting peace and blessing to bestow!

Heartaches, take them all to Jesus,
Go to Him today, do it now without delay.
Heartaches, take them all to Jesus,
He will take your heartaches all away.3

*

For He heals ev’ry heartache, He hears ev’ry sigh,
This wonderful Savior of mine!
He helps me in trouble, He heeds when I cry,
This wonderful Savior of mine!

There’s Someone who helps me when friends pass by,
And the sun has forgotten to shine;
There’s Someone whose strong arms are ever nigh,
’Tis that wonderful Savior of mine!

Oh, He heals ev’ry heartache, He hears ev’ry sigh,
This wonderful Savior of mine!
He helps me in trouble, He heeds when I cry,
This wonderful Savior of mine!4

*

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress,
And the way grows weary and long?

Does Jesus care, oh yes, He cares,
His heart is filled with my grief.
When the days are dreary, the long nights weary,
I know my Savior cares!

Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is filled with my grief;
Though the days are dreary, the long nights weary,
I know my Savior cares!5

*

For no one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There’s no other Friend so kind and true,
No one else could take that sin and sadness from me,
Oh, how much He cares for you!

I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus,
How I found in Him a Friend so strong and true;
I would tell you how He changed my life completely,
He did something that no other friend could do.

No one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There’s no other Friend so kind as He;
No one else could take that sin and sadness from me,
Oh, how much He cares for me!

All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me,
All my heart was full of misery and woe;
Jesus placed His strong and loving arms around me,
And He led me back the way I ought to go.

No one ever cared for you like Jesus,
There’s no other Friend so kind and true;
No one else can take that sin and sadness from you,
Oh, how much He cares for you!6

Originally published 1982. Republished October 2012.
Sung by David Brandt Berg.7


1 “Then Jesus Came,” lyrics by Oswald J. Smith (1940).

2 “All Alone,” words and music by C. Austin Miles (1915).

3 Author unknown.

4 Author unknown.

5 “Does Jesus Care,” words by Frank E. Graeff (1901).

6 “No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus,” words and music by C. F. Weigle (date unknown).

7 David originally sang the songs impromptu, unaccompanied, while filming on video. Light musical accompaniment and vocals were added later, at a separate location.

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith