Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine’s Day

by Dennis Edwards:

I was born on Valentine’s Day. My sister always said that my mother loved me the most. My mother said I was her Valentine. I don’t know if that makes me qualified to talk about love. But here goes.

About four years ago my 27 year old son died in a swimming accident. Often the difficult experiences in life are what form our character and deepen it. When we let the Holy Spirit work, God is able to turn our bad experiences into something good.

What did I learn from the sad experience of my son’s death? I learned that the relationships we have with others are the most important aspect of our lives. Our relationship with our sons and daughters, husband or wife, parents and relatives, neighbors and work mates are in fact the real essence of our lives.

Men all too often get caught up in their career, and the modern woman can be also. They let their profession become the most important focal point of their lives. With the death of my son, I realized I hadn’t given enough priority to his life and his dreams. I was busy making a living, struggling to survive and to find my special niche in my area of work.

My son’s death taught me the importance of loving others while they are still around. We never know how long our loved ones will be with us. His death taught me the importance of loving my children today, of loving my wife today, of loving my employees today, of loving my neighbor today, and of loving God today by loving others. I should not let business and the preoccupations of life choke out my relations with my family and the people around me.

Proverb says,

“Sorrow is better than laughter; for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.”[1]

Our darkest experiences can be the force that changes our heart of stone into a heart of flesh, a loving heart filled with the love of God enabling us to love others as ourselves. Long live love, for God is love. Be a lover of God and a lover of men. Fathers, love your wives and your children, love your sons. Let us be known by our love. Happy Valentine’s Day. Let it be a day of love!



[1]    Proverbs 7 : 3-4

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith