Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Drawing Nearer

Words from Jesus

You’ve got a big job to do, and the only way you’re going to have the strength to continue to do it is by spending time with Me. You may not feel that what you do is so important‚ and you could be tempted to feel that it won’t hurt to skimp on your time with Me. But this time in My presence is of vital importance, and that’s how you’ll make it through this marathon of life.
It’s through these times in My presence that you find the strength you need to continue each day and to face the problems and seek Me for My solutions. It’s through the times you spend in My Word that your faith is renewed and your trust that I am in control is strengthened.
As you pause and open your heart, I will fill it with My love and peace that surpasses all understanding. Open your eyes and I will show you great and mighty things. Open your mind and I will fill it with My thoughts that are higher than yours. Open your ears and I will speak to you and guide you.
Let My Word be a lamp unto your feet and the light that shows you the path. Let My Word light your path today and illumine the dark places.
Take some time to give Me your full attention every day. Devote yourself to Me during that time with all your heart‚ soul, mind, and strength, shutting out all else. Don’t worry about the things that must be done and the deadlines you face. As you put Me first, all these other things will be added to you.
There’s always so much to do—so much work and so many responsibilities—but don’t neglect to take time with Me. Even when you don’t have much time to commune with Me, you can take advantage of the little moments throughout the day to come into My presence.
Seek Me early and you will find Me. I will be with you in the morning‚ in the noontime, in the evening, and through the night. I will anoint you, cleanse you, empower you, and give you wisdom.

Perseverance

Don’t give up if things seem difficult at first. Keep on working, loving, and trying, and let Me work. Think of yourself as a marathon runner. It’s a long haul and extremely tiring and taxing, but in the end you’re going to win a prize. So pace yourself, keep your eyes on the goal, and remember that it’s going to be worth it all.
Rome wasn’t built in a day, and anything that’s worth something takes time, especially when you’re building something that will last for years to come.
If things aren’t going well or you’re having troubles, stop and ask yourself if you’ve spent enough time committing your concerns and cares to Me recently, if you’ve been asking Me for My guidance. If not, it’s never too late to stop and ask for My help and wisdom.
Where I guide, I provide. I am doing a new thing in your life, and I’m going to see every aspect of it through to completion. I’m anointing you each step of the way as you look to Me.
Don’t worry that something’s not going to work out. I might allow you to be tested a bit, things might happen along the journey that will get you desperate‚ but in the end it will all come together according to My plan. If you feel inadequate, unable to come up with the answers and plans, you can trust that My Spirit can fill every empty place and inspire you with ideas and solutions.
Don’t worry if you stumble or fall; I’ll be there waiting to catch you. I don’t mind your mistakes. In fact, each time you make one, it’s like a petal dropping from your rose. It looks bad to you, but when you bring it to Me, I have a chance to turn it into beautiful perfume. So rejoice!
I will give you the strength you need to continue. I’ve given you the job, and I will also give you what you need in order to perform it. You don’t have to do it all in your own strength or abilities. You may feel weak and spent now, but remember that My strength is made perfect in your weakness. Just continue to be faithful each day.
Give Me your hand and I will hold it. Give Me your heart and I will treasure it. Give Me your cares and I will help you carry them. Give Me your thoughts and I will help you organize them. Give Me your words and I will anoint them.
Take a deep breath and inhale some of the peace that I long to give you.

Cast your cares on Me

As the old song says, I am nearest when you need Me most. Every bit of pain and disappointment you endure draws you closer to My heart of love. I don’t like to see you suffer in body or spirit, but I love to see you take your afflictions so courageously. Keep Me in the center of your being and I will bring you through, My precious one. I will be yours and you will be Mine, and together we can do whatever I ask of you.
There is never a moment too overwhelming for Me. My vision is above and beyond yours, so anytime you feel muddled, or exhausted, or if things are looking complex, look to Me and seek Me for answers.
What questions do you have? What needs do you have? What tools do you need? I will honor your faith and fill the vacuum as you present your need to Me. Reach up and receive My anointing, and your cup will run over. When you’re weary, ask Me for strength and for My anointing.
If you have nothing to give, is it because I want you to receive? If you have nothing to say, is it because I want you to listen? If you have nothing to contribute, is it because I’m contributing through others? Be still then, and know that I am God.
When you feel overwhelmed, bring all your cares to Me in desperate prayer—trusting in full faith and partaking of the peace that trusting in Me brings. Desperate prayer can displace fear and worry, as you call out to Me with all your heart, knowing that I hear you and will help you in your time of need, and believing with all your heart that I will answer your prayer according to My perfect will.
Those who yearn for Me draw near to Me and I to them, and those who seek Me early will find Me. I desire to hold you close and fill you with My strength, goodness, kindness, generosity, compassion, and empathy. Let My enthusiasm overflow in your life today. For you have this treasure in your earthen vessel, that the excellency of the power may be of Me and not of you.
Remind yourself always that I love you and have made you for My good pleasure. I love you like the dawn loves the sun’s rise. I love you like the sky loves the wind. I love you like a bird loves to fly. I love you like the earth loves the rain.
Originally published June 2005. Adapted and republished April 2020.
Read by Jon Marc. Music by Michael Dooley
https://anchor.tfionline.com/post/drawing-nearer/

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith