Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

What Do I Need to Do to Get Ready For 2023?


Dennis Edwards

Recently I attended a Christian Retreat in southeastern Spain organized by the Family International. Some 27 people attended. As a result of the recent Pandemic and lock-downs and almost mandatory vaccines, a sense of desperation could be felt among the attendees.

The first evening of the retreat was the welcoming. On the second day we were to have communion in the early evening. We were, therefore, asked to make sure we had our hearts right with the Lord and one another. “Please take time to apologize to anyone you may have offended before the evening service.” Before we could take our gift to the altar, we needed to first make things right with one another. “Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there remember that thy brother has aught against thee; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.”[Matthew 5:23-24]

The Lord also said it was time to forget the things which are behind and reach forward for the things which are before.“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”[Philippines 3:13-14] In the evening we had communion. As we prayed for one another’s needs, we laid hands on the person beside us and prayed for an infilling of the Holy Spirit in their lives. We had a love feast and a beautiful evening of singing. After the singing, I was able to share our experiences in Portugal with everyone and the attendees were happy to hear how the Lord was working and bringing us closer together.

The next day started with a class on the Time of the End. After reading Matthew 24 together, the floor was opened and we discussed the different signs that were being fulfilled. Everyone was responding with all the recent events that had taken place. At the end of the class, we were asked to get alone with the Lord and ask Him: “Am I ready?” “What do I need to do to get ready?” I will share the prophecy I received.

“Let him that thinks He stands take heed lest he fall. Being ready is a state of mind. Being ready is a way of life. Being ready is learning to be instant, in season and out of season, in listening to My still small voice. It’s learning to keep Me in first place in your heart, soul, mind, and body. Being ready means daily improving your relationship with Me in word and in deed. Being ready requires faith, but faith comes by hearing the word of God. Yesterday’s word does not serve you today. Everyday you need to hear My word and let its pure clean waters refresh your heart, soul, and mind.

“I have said that surely I will do nothing unless I reveal it to My servants the prophets. So fear not. Don’t be discouraged. Don’t be dismayed. Come unto Me daily, and I will lift you up and guide you and provide for you just like I did for the early church. Who is it that loves Me? He that hears My voice and follows Me. He that hears the voice of the Word and follows it. To whom shall I teach and reveal the things that must shortly come to pass? To those who have maintained true to Me, to those who have taken My words into their bosoms because they believed them to be true. My disciples are those that hear My word and obey it.

“Abide in Me and I in you and ye shall be ready for whatever I allow or whatever the enemy may bring or throw at you.

“Pray as though everything depended on prayer, because it does. Live and obey My word as if everything depended on it, because it does. Serve one another in love as if everything depended upon it, because it does. Allow Me to continue to remake you and remold you according to My will.

“I have said in My word, In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence and His children shall have a place of refuge. [Proverbs 14:26] For the name of the Lord is a strong tower. The righteous run into it and are safe. [Proverbs 18:10] Trust in the Lord at all times ye people, pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us. [Psalms 62:8] Thou art my hiding place and shield: I hope in Thy word. [Psalms 119:114]

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth be removed and though the mountains be carried to the midst of the sea. [Psalms 46:1-2] When thou passes through the waters; I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overthrow thee: when thou walk through the fire, thou shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. [Isaiah 43:2]

“These are My promises unto you. Abide in Me and My word in you and I will take care of My own and no one will be able to pluck you out of my hand. “These things says he that is Holy and True… I know thy works for thou has had little strength and has not denied My name… Because thou has kept my word, I will also keep thee from the hour of temptation that shall fall upon the whole world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Fear none of those things that shall come upon you. Behold I come quickly, hold that fast which thou has, that no man take thy crown.” [Revelation 3:7-11]

“God is calling each one to reconnect and rededicate our lives to Him. The only way we will be ready for the days ahead will depend on our relationship with Jesus and on our relationship with one another. Now is the time to put aside the things that are distracting us from the Lord and hindering our fellowship with Him and each other.

“I am calling you all back up unto the wall of My service in any way you are able. The harvest is still plenteous, but the laborers are few. Choose to be a laborer and labor in whatever manner that I show you. Whatever you give to Me, I will multiply and increase. In humility serve one another. One of the last lessons I shared with My disciples was to wash one another’s feet. In My kingdom, he that is greatest among you must be serving His brethren.

“Apply 1 Cor. 13: 4-8a to your lives: “Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love vaunts not itself, is not puffed up. Does not behave itself unseemly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil; rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.” I will bless those who love and serve one another. These are the attributes that reflect my nature. For greater love has no man than this than a man lay down his life for his friends.”[John 15:13]

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith