Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Monday, June 24, 2024

After the Heathen Rage, What's Next? - Part 4


Dennis Edwards

To go to Part 1.

Hold Onto Your Crown

God has a crown of life for each one of His children. Over and over again in the Scriptures God encourages to run the race till the end, to fight the good fight of faith, to endure hardness as good soldiers of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 4:7-8 “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”

1 Timothy 6:12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and have professed a good profession before many witnesses.”

2 Timothy 2:3-4Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that wars entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who has chosen him to be a soldier.”

Matthew 24:13 “But he that endures to the end, the same shall be saved.”

Here are some more verses from the book of Revelation on not letting go of our crown.

Revelation 2:7b & 2:10 “To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God…Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried, and ye shall have tribulation ten days: Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.”

That seems to mean, that if you are not faithful you could lose your crown. Is the crown your reward or your salvation?

Revelation 2:23b/c 25-26 “I am He which searches the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your work…But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. And he that overcomes, and keeps My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations.”

Again, we seem to have a conditional statement. If you keep My works to the end, then I will give you authority to help rule over the nations. You need to be faithful to the end.

Revelation 3:2-3 “Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found your works perfect before God. Remember therefore how you have received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shall not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shall not know what hour I will come upon thee.”

Revelation 3:10-11 “Because you have kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation (the great tribulation period?), which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which you have, that no man takes thy crown.”

We are admonished to be ready and to hold onto own crowns.

Revelation 3:12Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.”

Revelation 3:21-22To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches.”

Revelation 22:12-15 “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loves and makes a lie.”

If we hold onto our crown, we will be able to enter the Celestial City and live with God and eat from the tree of life. Those who aren’t faithful, may have to live outside the city and continue to learn lessons of faith, love, and obedience until they too may have permission to enter and live in the presence of God. There may be some who get to live inside the city, but in shame and contempt, because though they were saved, they didn’t do much for God and His kingdom. Whatever the case, we know if we love God, all things will work together for good and God will win. Romans 8:28.

Revelation 21:27 “And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defiles, neither whatsoever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.”

Revelation 22:17&20 “And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely…Surely, I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!”

To go to the index of all articles by Dennis Edwards

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith