Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Monday, September 29, 2014

War is a Racket!

excerpt from my book "Where is America in Bible Prophecy."

In another book, “War is a Racket,” written by the most decorated Marine in history, Brigadier General Smedley Butler, we find his apology for being a military Mafioso for Wall Street and Big Business and the bankers. He confesses.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.[1]

Please remember Butler's words when assimilating all that is going on in the Middle East and the world today.







[1] Smedly Butler, War Is A Racket, http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4377.htm

1 Comments:

Dennis Edward said...

I once heard a lecture titled "War-Boom-Bust, the Cycle of Capitalistic Economies." The lecturer demonstrated the correlation between war and the downside of the capitalistic cycle. At a time of bust or economic downspin, war is initiated to help bring a return to a "boom" period. When the war becomes unpopular, it is called off. The economy slows down and moves towards a bust. As the bust period deepens, the war machine and bankers push for another war to get the economy going again. That's our economic cycle in simplistic terms "War-Boom-Bust!"

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith