Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Son Martin!

By Dennis Edwards:

March 17th, 2010 was a shocking day for me as it was the day I received the phone call late at night that my nearly 27 year-old son Martin had gone missing. He died as the result of a swimming accident in Bermuda where he had gone to work as a carpenter six months earlier.

Martin was the fifth child of my first marriage. Born on May 14th, 1983, he was a Taurus. He was a good carpenter and won various awards for his workmanship while he was at college in Darlington, England. He was also a good photographer, a good artist and had the possibility of studying architecture. In the end, he decided instead to go to the Bermudas and work first, as he didn't want to take out a student loan and be in debt. He was a hard worker, conscientious and diligent. He was kind and generous. Like his brother Andrew said, “He made us proud.” 

What can I say after six years? Yes, the pain has subsided. But, I still want to say 'I love you.' I want to say 'I am sorry.' I am sorry I wasn't a better father. I am sorry I wasn't able to help you when you needed me. I am sorry your life ended so tragically. But, Martin, we have a big God. He is love. He's name is Jesus and He has promised to prepare a place for us in the spiritual realm, that where He is, we will be, also. He has said, that eye has not seen, nor has ear heard, nor has it entered in our minds the marvelous wonders God has prepared for those that love Him. I am sure you must have experienced some of those wonders already, so you know what I am talking about.

I love you, Martin. Thank you for being a wonderful son. You've taught me a lot. I am waiting for the day when we will hug one another again in that eternal now and thank our wonderful Father together for all His love for us! Keep me in your prayers. You have already helped me to become a better father, but it's an on-going task. I love you, son. May God bless and keep you in His loving arms. Amen

1 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith