Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Your Weight Resting on Me


Your Weight Resting on Me

Encouragement during times of illness
By Jesus, speaking in prophecy

Download Audio (7.1MB)

When you’re sick, especially if you’ve been sick for a while, it’s easy to wonder whether you’ll ever be well again, if you will ever wake up without pain and discomfort.

Try to spend some time thinking of Me when you first wake up, and make an effort to praise Me. That’s not easy when you’re in pain, but as you do, you will feel My strength and grace upholding you. “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”1

I promise that I am right here with you. I will not make you walk one step without Me. I am ever-present. I am holding you. I will not suffer you to be tempted one fraction of a degree more than you are able to bear. You sometimes wonder how long you will be afflicted, and whether you’ll be able to bear it, but I want to encourage you that I will be with you constantly, upholding you along the way. The trying of your faith brings a purity of spirit, of life, and of love.2

These times when you feel you cannot walk on your own are the times when I carry you; they are special times. You might feel weak and like you should be able to stand on your own two feet, but I love the times when you let Me pick you up and carry you. During these times I cherish the feeling of all your weight resting on Me and the surrender of your spirit, knowing that you need Me so much. I hold you close and protect you.

You are safe within My arms, because I am your defense. When you place yourself in My hands, and lay the weights and worries down, and ask Me to carry you, I do. I take your burdens on My own shoulders, for I care for you. I soothe and comfort you; I strengthen and rejuvenate you.

I’m sorry that you are in such pain. Perhaps you agonize over this affliction and wonder why I don’t heal you right away. Afflictions are a part of life, and some things in your body just take time to change or be resolved. When your healing takes time, you can trust that I can see down the road from where you are now, and I know what you will become and gain through this experience. Even though it hurts Me to see you in discomfort, I can see what you cannot, and what you will gain through this time is priceless.

I do know, I do care, and I will bring about good. Just lie back and rest in My arms and let Me be your strength. Let Me give you surcease from your battles. Let Me soothe your spirit and bring reassurance to your heart.

With each day that passes, you become a more fine-tuned vessel—a vessel that I can use to reach others, save souls, soothe and encourage others who battle affliction or trials. As you let Me soften and deepen your spirit through this affliction, I will not withhold My grace from you. I’ve promised, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”3 Each day that you spend close to My bosom melds you more and more to Me.

During these times when you feel so weak, incapable, and in need of Me, I take over and fill you with My breath and Spirit. With every touch of My hand on your brow, I am imparting to you My love and My Spirit, so that you shine with the radiance of having been in My arms, resting in Me, and being filled with My love.

Reach out, My dear one, and extend your arms in love to encourage and love others who are weary, even if you feel lacking in strength yourself. As you reach out to others, your love cup will be filled with My love. This love will strengthen you and will give you a reason to keep fighting, to keep praising, and to not let the trials and tests of the earthly realm get you down.

I know how hard it is to rise above feelings of despair, and they can seem to be ever-present during times of illness. But, dear one, work with Me through your praises and determination to not give in to feelings of defeat. When you feel as if this affliction is too much to bear, do not despair. Be at peace in My everlasting arms, and I will comfort you. I will honor your wishes and prayers. I will be your everything.

*

Afflictions are one of the avenues through which I work in your heart and life. The reality is that though sickness is a part of the earth life, I work with you during your afflictions to bring about good in your life. All afflictions—whether they are minor, major, or life-threatening—can bring with them the mark of My Spirit working in your life. The difficulties and the tests are one way through which I can bring about a softening, an awakening, and the nurturing of a closer relationship with Me. No matter what has caused your affliction, it is always My desire to bring about good through it.

When you are afflicted, it is a wonderful opportunity to draw closer to Me. That’s the most important thing for you to think about and to focus on when you’re battling with ill health. Then, as you spend time with Me, if there are other things that I want to accomplish through it, or bless you with through it, you will see those benefits clearly and understand the good that is coming about as time goes by. I will make My ways known unto you.

Don’t focus too intently on the specific timetable for your healing; leave that in My hands. Please don’t worry or feel like a failure if you’re not healed quickly; it’s My desire that you focus instead on the beauties and blessings of your closer relationship with Me, and how your affliction is taking you deeper into Me, which is extremely worthwhile and something to cherish. I want to bless you with this perspective.

Published on Anchor November 2012. Read by Simon Peterson.
Music by Michael Dooley.


1 2 Corinthians 12:9.

2 1 Peter 1:7.

3 2 Corinthians 12:9.

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith