Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Stop the world, I want to get off!

Jackie Scott in Jordan. Director of "Hands on Hope" handsonhope.org

We’ve started our first day of lock down here—no one going to their workplace. Everyone stays home except to go to the grocery store. The military are monitoring roads between cities as everyone has to stay in their village or city. Everything just stopped. Why? What the heck is going on in this world? 

NOW THE GOOD NEWS: God in His mercy is stopping the world temporarily especially I think for us who live for Him to be able to get a break, to stop & listen, to reassess what’s going on, to evaluate, & pray about the future and what is coming & how we can be prepared. A kind of “self-imposed stop-look-listen” time to find our True North (Jesus), & reset our compass (priorities). I know that I am so incredibly busy with the poor, the conflicts of war, refugees, running an NGO, assisting the needy, providing for the destitute, comforting the heart-broken, it’s like I’m on a speeding train at break-neck speed. And it’s all come to a screeching halt in a matter of 24 hours. Why? I have time now to think about the “why”. 

Maybe the Lord’s giving us time to think about where we are at on the Endtime clock. (I really believe we are very close to the beginning of the end, very close to the beginning of those last seven years prophesized by Daniel before the return of Christ.) I live with a Muslim girl, & she just told me that she just had a dream where Jesus came to her & told her that He is coming back very soon. Even though by law I am not allowed to witness here, Jesus is here witnessing for me. 

I have time now to pray about future current events, which I believe we are now only seeing the beginning. Like Matthew says, “…see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. … All these are the beginning of sorrows.” It’s the “beginning of sorrows" for the world—but not for us because the Lord will be anointing, helping & providing us & we’ll also be busy ministering. We’ll be living a life of miracles if we’re close to Him. 

So…what should I do now before other major events start occurring? How can I be a blessing to people? How can I help them? How can I prepare and how can I help the people around me to prepare? What does God want me to do? How can I be a witness for Him? Should I memorize more? Have more faith? Have more peace of mind? Be more filled with Spirit? A HUGE yes to ALL the above! I need a lot more of Jesus to be prepared for the future…& before this momentary break in time ends, & things get going at breakneck speed again—He has given me “peace in the eye of a corona hurricane” to tank up, get prepared, get instructions & prepare my spirit for the exciting work & future events that lie ahead! 

God bless you all. Love you & am praying we can all be comforted & at peace & full of the Lord’s love & direction. Jacki scott <jkiscott@gmail.com> 

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith