Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

How to have victory over the fear of Corona Virus!

By Dennis Edwards

Over and over again God’s Word admonishes us to “fear not.” Some 365 times in the Bible we find the phrase “fear not” or something similar with the same meaning. Let’s review a few of the promises in God’s Word in relation to the pandemic of Corona Virus. Remember, our spiritual enemy’s power lies in fear and worry. But faith in God and His love for us “casts out fear.”

Psalm 23:4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (of corona vírus), I will fear no evil.”

Psalm 91: 1-10 “He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flies by day; Nor for the pestilence (of corona vírus) that walks in darkness; nor for the destruction that wastes at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague (like corona vírus) come nigh thy dwelling.

Psalm 31:13-15 (edited) “Fear was on every side: (because of corona vírus)… But I trusted in Thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in Thy hand: deliver me...Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant: save me (from corona vírus) for Thy mercies’ sake.”

Psalm 56:11 “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man (or vírus) can do unto me.”

Matthew 10:28 “And fear not them (corona vírus) which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

Psalm 53:5 “There were they in great fear (because of corona vírus), where no fear was.” (Why were they in fear? Because they believed not in God and trusted not in His ability to save and protect them. They trusted not that their lives and deaths were in His hands.)

Proverbs 14:25-26 “In the fear of the Lord is string confidence: and His children shall have a place of refuge. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death (of corona vírus).”

Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not (corona vírus); for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am Thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

Exodus 15:26 “And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee (like corona vírus), which I have brought upon the Egyptians (the unbelievers): for I am the Lord that heals thee.” 

God promises to keep us under His protection if we stay close to Him and obedient to His Word. But if we get corona vírus we can pray for healing and we have plenty of healing promises to claim. Or, we can pray like dear Job who thought he was on the point of death,

Job 13:15 “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.”

Or we can claim one of Apostle Paul’s famous passages,

Romans 8:35-39 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril (from corona vírus), or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principlalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature (including corona virus), shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Or we can back to Isaiah in the Old Testament and claim the promise God gave him.

Isaiah 43:1-3 "But now thus says the Lord that created thee,... Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passes through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walks through the fire (of corona virus), thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour."

And if God sees fit to let us die with corona virus, even then we have victory through the cross of Christ as Apostle Paul has aptly wrote.

1 Corinthians 15:55 "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

For death has been swallowed up in the victory of Christ over the cross. We can therefore hold to the promises from the last book of the New Testament:

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith