Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

An Ode to Television


The Twenty-Third Channel
By Philip Day

The TV is my shepherd,

I shall not want.

It makes me lie down on the sofa,

It destroys my soul.

It leads me in the path of sex and violence

For the sponsor's sake. 

Yea, though I walk

In the shadow of Christian responsibilities,

There will be no interruption,

For the TV is with me. 

Its cable and remote, 

They comfort me.

It prepares a commercial for me

In the presence of all my worldliness. 

It anoints my head with

Humanism and consumerism.

My coveting runneth over.

Surely laziness and ignorance

Shall follow me

All the days of my life.

And I shall dwell in the house

Watching TV forever.

0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith