Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Until Then Will You Be Singing?

 Dennis Edwards 

Here are the words to the song Until Then written by Carl Stuart Hamblen (1908 - 1989).

My heart can sing when I pause to remember 
A heartache here is but a stepping stone
Along a trail that's winding always upward.
This troubled world is not my final home.

But until then my heart will go on singing:
Until thern, with joy I'll carry on,
Until the day, my eyes behold the City,
Until the day God calls me home.

The things of earth will dim and lose their value
When we recall they're just borrowed for awhile.
And things of earth that caused my heart to tremble
Remembered There, will only bring a smile.

But until then.....

This weary world with all its toil and struggle
May take its toll of misery and strife.
The soul of man is like a waiting falcon;
When it's released, it's destined for the skies.

But until then.....
The verse used in the talk:

Psalm 73:17a "Until I went into the sanctuary of God, then I understood..."
Psalm 73:25-26 "Whom have I in heaven but Thee and there is none that I desire besides Thee. My flesh and my heart fails, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:28 "But it is good for me to draw near to God."
Psalm 100:1-2 "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness. Enter into His presence with singing, and into His courts with praise."
Psalm 92:1-2 "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto Thy name, O Most High. To show forth Thy loving kondness in the morning, and Thy faithfulness every night."
Psalm 147:1 "Praise ye the Lord, for it is good to sing praise unto our God, for it is pleasant and praise is fitting.
Psalm 13:6 "I will sing unto the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 104:33 "I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
Psalm 59:16-17 "But I will sing of Thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of Thy mercy in the morning; for Thou has been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto Thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence and the God of my mercy."
Psalm 137 "By the river of Babylon"
Matthew 26:30 "And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives."
Acts 16:25-26 "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every ones bonds were loosed."
Exodus 15:1 Moses gave the people a song to sing and remember the Lord's victory over their enemies. Exodus 15:21 Miriam, Moses sister, led the woman of Israel in singing the song.
Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

For beautiful word based songs and scripture songs go here: nubeat.org

Below is Becky Harling talking about here praise experience.
If you would like to listen to her suggested songs, the following is her song list. Her little booklet is worth a read, especially if you struggle in the area of praise. "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you!" 1 Thessalonians 5:18




0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith