Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Heartaches and How to Heal!

 Dennis Edwards

The microphone and my singing didn't seem to go so well. Sorry. Push ahead if you must and listen to the talk (at 3:33) where I share my own experience with "heartaches." Here are the words to the song "Heartaches" by A.H. Ackley (1887-1960).

(1) When your heart is aching, turn to Jesus,
He's the dearest Friend that you can know;
You will find Him standing close beside you,
Waiting peace and comfort to bestow.
Heartaches, take them all to Jesus,
Go to Him today,
Do it now without delay.
Heartaches, take them all to Jesus,
He will take your heartaches all away. 

(2) There is joy for every troubled sorrow,
Sweet relief for every bitter pain,
Jesus Christ is still the great Physician,
No one ever sought His help in vain.
Heartaches, take them all to Jesus,
Go to Him today, 
Do it now without delay.
Heartaches, take them all to Jesus,
He will take your heartaches all away. 

(3) Jesus understands, whate'er the trouble,
And He waits to heal your wounded soul.
Will you trust His love so strong and tender?
He alone can make your spirit whole.
Heartaches, take them all to Jesus,
Go to Him today,
Do it now without delay.
Heartaches, take them all to Jesus,
He will take your heartaches all away.

The verse I shared were thefollowing:

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; Yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the righthand of my righteousness."

Proverbs 14:13 "Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful, and the end of mirth is heaviness."

Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is nigh to them that are of a brokenheart, and saves such as be of a contrite (or humble) spirit.

John 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled, you believe in God, believe also in Me." 

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

Psalm 147:3 "He heals the broken in heart and binds up their wounds."

2 Corinthians 1:4 "Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."

Hebrews 13:5b "He has said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Psalm 119:50 "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy Word has quicked me."

Psalm 34:6 "This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles."

Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted."
*
Psalm 30:5b "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

Nehemiah 8:10c "...for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

Philippians 3:13-14 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those which are before, I press toward the mark (or goal) for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Here I am singing with the guitar!

1 Comments:

Luz Alemana said...

Thank you, so comforting, thanks for sharing the testimony of your son who is waiting for you!

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith