Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Monday, December 14, 2020

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus!


Dennis Edwards

The author of the words and music was Helen H. Lemmel. 

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

O soul, are you weary and troubled?           No light in the darkness you see?        There's light for a look at the Savior          And life more abundant and free

Through death into life everlasting             He passed and we follow Him there.        O'er us sin no more has dominion.              For more than conquerors we are.

Oh, turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

His word shall not fail you, He promised
Believe Him and all will be well
Then go to a world that is dying
His perfect salvation to tell

Oh, turn your eyes upon…

The following verses were shared in the talk.

Psalm 73:28 "It is good for me to draw nigh to God."

James 4:7-9 "Submit yourselves unto God. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you…Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness."

Ecclesiastes 7:2 “It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.”

Proverbs 8:17 "I love them that love Me, and those that seek me early shall find me."

Jeremiah 29:13 "Ye shall seek Me and find Me when ye shall search for Me with all your heart."

Psalm 63:1 “O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee. My soul thirsts for Thee, my flesh longs for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call upon Me and I will answer you."

Matthew 7:7 "Seek and ye shall find."

1 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Psalm 27:7-8 "Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me and answer me. When You said, Seek my face; my heart said unto you, Thy face, Lord, will I seek."

Joshua 23:14 "… not one thing has failed of all the good things which the Lord thy God has promised you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing has failed thereof."

Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel will stand..."


0 Comments:

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith