Does your faith need strengthening? Are you confused and wondering if Jesus Christ is really "The Way, the Truth, and the Life?" "Fight for Your Faith" is a blog filled with interesting and thought provoking articles to help you find the answers you are seeking. Jesus said, "Seek and ye shall find." In Jeremiah we read, "Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall seek for Me with all your heart." These articles and videos will help you in your search for the Truth.

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Death of My Son- the Lesson Learned!


What do you learn from the death of a son?

Message from Jesus!

All through life, my loved one, I am teaching you the lessons of love. Love is the greatest force in the world. It is also the greatest need of mankind. So if you learn anything, you must learn to love, for love is the gist and purpose of living. Many go through life accomplishing great feats of sports or politics or acting or business or music. But if they have not learned to love, it is all in vain and will not help them through the difficult times in life. Nor will it help them in the world to come where love is the cornerstone of every thought and action. So teach the fathers to love their children. Teach them to be gentle and kind like Paul so wisely admonished. Teach them to be loving fathers, to be understanding and patient lest they drive their children away from Me with their callousness. 

Many a God believing son or daughter has turned from their faith because of the hardheartedness of their parent. Fathers are too often guilty. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, your son is gone from you and now you learn what you should have learned before. The heart of stone had to be broken before the love could pour forth to refresh the people. Let your heart be broken. Let it be crushed. Let all semblance of pride and self be squashed beneath the power of love.

Fathers, keep a line on your children no matter what their age. They are still yours to encourage, to guide and to lead by your example. Teach your children to love by being that loving example, by saying you are sorry when you do wrong or say wrong. Fathers, your children need you. Your sons need you. Your daughters need you. Be there for them. Forsake your pride, humble yourself and make things right. Apologize. Agonize in prayer for them. Help them. You are their father and they love you, or want to love you. The time is not too late. It is never too late to do or say the right thing. So do it. Do not delay or you may someday fight the remorse for having neglected to do the most important task first- to love.

Bible verses for Fathers

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Colossians 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

Colossians 3:!2-16 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do you. And above all things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also you are called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

1 Comments:

Dennis Edward said...

Here is a note I sent to the newspaper reporter who did an interview with me in Bermuda about Martin´s death.

Dear Sam, In this blog you will find the article, "What do you learn from the death of a son?" I wrote this in relation to Martin´s death there in Bermuda. You can find it under the section Prophecy. I was really out of touch with Martin at the time who had spent the four years previously in England during which time I had seen him only once. Sad to say, I was not as honest as I should have been with you in the interview. I could have told you that I had pushed Martin from me because I was too religiously legalistic at the time and not the loving and caring parent I should have been. I should have told you I was too busy with my good work helping others to find the time to admire and praise my son who needed so much to have my admiration and praise and the knowledge that I loved him and cared for him unconditionally. I was more interested in promoting my good works to you in the interview than being honest and upfront and personal. Thanks to the honesty of Martin´s older brother Andrew, I was able to see my mistakes and really learn the lesson Martin had to teach me. Maybe my confession will be a help to some other fathers who are having difficulties with their teenage sons, like I did with Martin. Martin is in my thoughts daily helping me to remember this important lesson of love! Martin disappeared and died March 17th two year ago this year.

Copyright © Fight for Your Faith